Epsilon Upsilon was founded at The University of North Texas on October 16, 1952. Dr. E.C. Brodie, a 1911 initiate of Kappa Sigma from the Iota Chapter at Southwestern University, was instrumental in this endeavor.
Epsilon Upsilon at North Texas evolved from a local fraternity called the Falcons. The Falcons were organized at North Texas in 1938 as a social fraternity and at that time had some 200 alumni within their group. Alongside a handful of other local fraternities, the Falcons were recognized as one of the best chapters on campus. With membership nearing close to 20 men at the time, the Falcons were well positioned to do the work necessary to become a colony within Kappa Sigma.
With a passion for Kappa Sigma and a high appreciation of the order, Dr. Brodie began petitioning the National Fraternity in the spring of 1951. At this time no national fraternities had been allowed to organize at the University. Having served as Faculty Advisor to the Falcons since their inception, Dr. Brodie was confident these young men would serve Kappa Sigma proud.
Having demonstrated commitment and zeal to the Order of Kappa Sigma, it was in the fall of 1952 that Epsilon Upsilon was chartered and officially became the 151st chapter in our beloved fraternity. Today, more than 1300 brothers have been initiated into the chapter.